Fax: (206) 287-9113
Email: kphu AT pregodonnell.com
901 5th Ave., Suite 3400
Seattle, WA 98164
Areas of Practice
Karen Phu practices in a wide range of claims defending individuals, companies, and school districts in civil lawsuits. Karen has extensive experience litigating complex civil claims, especially those involving catastrophic injuries and six and seven figure liability. Prior to joining Preg O’Donnell & Gillet, Karen worked at a boutique law firm representing plaintiffs, bringing additional insight into the defense of her clients.
Karen received her JD from the University of Oregon School of Law in 2009, where she was an executive editor of the Oregon Review of International Law, a director of the Minority Law Student Association, and a member of the Pro Bono Executive Board.
Prior to law school, Karen attended the University of Washington where she obtained BA’s in Political Science and English. She spent a year during college abroad studying Chinese at Peking University in Beijing.
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Courts (WSBA #42136)
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Professional & Community Activities
- Washington State Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Asian Bar Association of Washington
- Vietnamese American Bar Association of Washington (former board member)
- Washington Women Lawyers
- Pro bono volunteer with the King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinics
Publications & Presentations
- Co-Author, Tax Court Jurisdiction and Code Sec. 6330 Challenges: A Need for Clarification, Journal of Tax Practice and Procedure, Feb-Mar 2008, 46-55.