This is a key management and leadership position that reports directly to the firm’s executive committee. This role will perform a variety of functions, including the oversight, development, and maintenance of firm systems and processes relating to: staffing, human resources, marketing, accounting, IT, operations/facilities, and professional development/training. The Executive Director will provide strategic leadership to ensure office functions and personnel are aligned, enabling the firm to deliver excellent client service and address current and anticipated needs of POG partners, attorneys, and staff. The ideal candidate has the ability to address challenges with patience, wit, wisdom, and grace, and is comfortable working closely with lawyers. The Executive Director is expected to work in the office 100% of the time during the first year, with latitude for remote work in the future. A minimum leadership experience in a professional services firm is required.
Reports to the firm’s Executive Committee
8:00 – 5:00, M-F
- 10 years of experience in a leadership role in the professional services space
- Extensive experience with workflow and project management
- High comfort level with various technology and enterprise software programs
- A solid understanding of sound financial management practices and experience with an hourly billing structure
- Knowledgeable regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Pragmatic and solutions-focused
- Comprehensive HR background, including knowledge of employee benefits and familiarity with employment laws and practices (e.g., FMLA, WPFML, etc.).
- Personable, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and build consensus, energetic
- Strong and proactive analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Patience, composure, and flexibility under pressure
- Proven organizational skills working under tight deadlines and with competing priorities
Preg O’Donnell & Gillett offers a competitive salary, great benefits, a positive atmosphere, and an emphasis on life balance.
Our benefits include:
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonus
- Flexible schedule and remote work access
- FSA / HSA
- Life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Profit sharing contributions
- Transportation subsidy
- 401(K) Deferred Savings Plan
We look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Careers@pregodonnell.com. All replies are kept confidential.