Preg O’Donnell & Gillett, a regional, full-service litigation and business firm is seeking an Insurance Defense Litigation Legal Assistant to support three attorneys in our Seattle office. We are seeking a legal assistant with three or more years of litigation experience who enjoys working closely with attorneys and supporting clients in a comfortable and friendly work atmosphere. Attorney and client support includes:
- Initiate conflicts checks and open new client matters
- Docket and maintain case calendars
- Review court rules to ensure compliance with court format and efiling requirements
- Monitor case schedules and ensure attorneys are current with impending deadlines
- Draft, proofread, format, and edit pleadings, correspondence, and client documents
- E-file in federal, Washington state, and some Oregon state court jurisdictions
- Contact clients to schedule appointments, depositions, and trial appearances
- Prepare attorneys for depositions, hearings, and trial
- Close case files following data destruction procedures
- Knowledge of ProLaw document and case management software helpful
- Proficient in AdobePro to redact, bates stamp and convert documents
- Proficient in large file transfer products helpful
The ideal candidate should enjoy collaborating with coworkers and supporting each other with flexible work schedules. Excellent client relationships and interpersonal skills are a plus! Familiarity with insurance defense personal injury, motor vehicle, and construction defect cases helpful. Starting salary from 70-85k annually DOE.
Preg O’Donnell & Gillett offers a competitive salary, great benefits, an emphasis on life balance, and a friendly, business casual environment.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible schedule with remote work access
- Life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance
- Transportation subsidy
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonus
- FSA / HSA
- Parental leave
- Profit sharing contributions
- 401(k) Deferred Savings Plan
We look forward to hearing from you!
TO APPLY, please submit your resume to Careers@pregodonnell.com. All replies are kept confidential.