Fax: (206) 287-9113
Linkedin: Eric P. Gillett
901 5th Ave., Suite 3400
Seattle, WA 98164
Areas of Practice
Eric Gillett is an experienced civil defense litigator who has practiced law since 1986, and he is a founding member of Preg O'Donnell & Gillett. With almost three decades of litigation practice, Eric enjoys passing on his experiences to younger attorneys in the same way that his mentors passed on wisdom to him. He has gained this knowledge by defending clients in a number of industries with complicated legal issues. His passion lies in thoroughly preparing a case for trial and using that thoroughness to resolve cases on the best terms as early as possible. Recognizing the business interests of his clients, Eric strives to find alternative ways to provide legal services and resolve cases in his clients' best interests. Eric also acts as a mediator for cases involving personal injury. Eric finds excellence to be a necessary quality in all legal work and proves it through his service to clients. He has extensive trial experience in Washington and Alaska and has worked on cases across the country.
In October 2012, Eric P. Gillett completed the three-day Litigation Management Institute earning the designation of Certified Litigation Management Professional (CLMP). Hosted at Columbia Law School in New York City, the Litigation Management Institute (LMI) is the first certification program specifically designed to bring together leaders in the insurance and legal professions to provide a comprehensive understanding of the business of litigation management. The intensive program is designed to bridge the gap between legal theory and litigation strategy and the business aspects of litigation management.
Eric received his Bachelor of Science degree from California State University, Fresno, in 1983.
He received his law degree from McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, California, in 1986.
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Courts (WSBA #23691)
- Alaska State Courts (ABA #8611111)
- Oregon State Courts (OSBA #141838)
- United States District Courts for Washington and Alaska
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Professional & Community Activities
- Eric is a member of the Washington, Alaska, and Oregon State Bars, the Defense Research Institute, the Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association, TIDA, and the Transportation Lawyers Association.
- Eric is a member of the Board of Trustees for the King County Bar Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving diversity in the legal profession and access to justice for the under-served population in King County. As a member of the Board, he is also Secretary of the Executive Committee, and Chairman of the Breakfast for Champions Committee.
- Eric is the supervising member for the firm’s pro bono program.
- Eric is also a member of the KCBA Judicial Screening Committee and the KCBA Judicial Conferencing Committee.
- Eric has been named to the Washington Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in Washington since 2011. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers.
- AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell’s Lawyer Rating system. Under the Martindale-Hubbell criteria, an AV Rating shows that a lawyer has reached the height of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill, integrity and ethics.