Fax: (206) 287-9113
Email: jbolster AT pregodonnell.com
901 5th Ave., Suite 3400
Seattle, WA 98164
Areas of Practice
Justin Bolster has been a trial attorney and dispute resolver with Preg O’Donnell & Gillett since 2011. Before that, he spent several years working for an insurance defense firm in Bellevue. He represents both individuals and business in all types of commercial matters. Justin’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, construction disputes, real estate disputes, and catastrophic personal injury matters. In addition, Justin handles and litigates transactional matters such as commercial contracts, leases, and employment contracts. Justin firmly believes that the most important job of an attorney is to get to know their client, and their client’s goals, so that he can make sure he is advocating for a result that is in his client’s best interest. He knows that not all clients have the same goal and that sometimes the public perception, or business relationship, can be more important than any single result. Justin constantly strives to meet or exceed his client’s expectations.
Justin is a seventh generation Washingtonian with roots dating back the 1840’s. When he is not in the office, you can find him rooting on the local sports teams or spending much needed time with his wife, son, daughter, and two dogs.
Justin attended the University of Washington where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration in 2003.
He graduated Cum Laude from Gonzaga University School of Law in 2006, where he was an Articles Editor for the Gonzaga Law Review.
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Courts (WSBA #38198)
- Oregon State Courts (OSB #201674)
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington (2008)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington (2009)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington (2017)
Professional & Community Activities
Justin is a member of the Washington State Bar Association, the Oregon Bar Association, American Bar Association, and King County Bar Association, as well as a member of the Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association.
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, “Introducing Complex Case Themes During Opening Statements” and “Identifying and Overcoming Juror Bias” for National Business Institute’s seminar Advanced Civil Litigation Skills in Washington, Seattle, WA, November 18, 2016.
- Presenter, “Legislative, Case Law and Regulatory Trends and Developments” for National Business Institute’s seminar Personal Injury 101, Seattle, WA, September 25, 2013.
- Presenter, “Damages Liens and Subrogation in Settlement Negotiations” and “ Arbitration and Litigation Preparation Tips and Hearing Strategies,” National Business Institute’s seminar Auto Injury Litigation From Start to Finish, Seattle, WA, October 19, 2012.
AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell’s Lawyer Rating system. Under the Martindale-Hubbell criteria, an AV Rating shows that a lawyer has reached the height of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill, integrity and ethics.